1. The update process crashed repeatedly.
2. I had to restore the phone to factory conditions and reinstall everything
3. The whole process took over 5 (yes, FIVE) hours... and those 5 hours do NOT count all the time I will have to spend FIXING the stuff that got BROKEN and messed up by the " update". Read on...
4. Icon arrangement came out all messed up. I have to spend time now rearranging all
5. I LOST ALL the eBooks (100+ !!!) I had in the Stanza eBook reader app. Gone. I probably have them on my Windows 7 PC (which has NOT crashed even once in almost 2 years, it looks like MS *finally* learned how to write an OS...).
6. The Stanza bookreader app doesn't work with iOS5. I'll have to switch to Kindle or Nook because iBooks sucks. That means that once I search and locate my eBooks in the PC, I will have to CONVERT ALL of them from .ePub to .mobi so I can access them on Kindle. Drat... MORE time wasted...
7. I lost ALL my Safari bookmarks. ALL. GONE. Re-doing all this is going to take A LOT of time that I don't have.
8. I lost ALL my photos and videos. This one is MAJOR. Thankfully I back them up manually to an external drive and didn't lose them completely. But if I hadn't ...
9. I lost ALL the alarms I had set. Minor but annoying.
10. I lost ALL the world clocks I had set up. Minor but annoying.
11. I lost ALL my "Favorites" in the phonebook. Minor but annoying.
12. My voicemail lost its configuration, now I have to remember the damn password or call AT&T.
13. All the entries in my Calendar are now duplicated. That's more time I will have to spend fixing that.
14. the Weather app lost all the pre-set cities. Minor annoyance, more time wasted.
15. some apps, such as Weather Channel, got deleted. GONE. Now I will have to reinstall them. More time wasted.
18. My phone's memory shows 4.3 Gb in "other". It looks like I will have to wipe out the phone AGAIN and reinstall everything.